Razor has dominated the electric scooter market for years and that is thanks to their innovative manufacturing processes as well as their use of only high-quality materials.
If you’ve always been a fan of Razor, then you’ll probably enjoy the stellar riding and safety features the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 self-balancing scooter has to offer, including the training mode, easy handling and extensive LED light setup designed for rider safety.
Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Specs and Features
Newer technology is used to make the Hovertrax 2.0 a much easier and smoother board to ride, along with making it incredibly easy to balance on. The Ever Balance technology allows the consumer to actually stand on the board without having to balance and they can start riding when they’re ready.
This technology also allows this hoverboard to climb small hills that have a 15-degree angle, which is pretty great compared to other scooters on the market right now. This hoverboard considered to be the world’s smartest hoverboard by many riders, and while this is a wild claim, we’ve got great facts to back up this statement.
A southern California-based company, Razor offers a wide range of products from bikes to scooters and now, hoverboards.
- Their model the Hovertrax 2.0 features a couple of foot pads to stand on that encourage improved balance for easier use and navigation.
- Releasing pressure on the foot pedals will cause the board to go backward while pressing down and forward allows the rider to go straight ahead.
- This scooter offers a smoother ride with a max speed of eight miles per hour.
Range And Motors
This self-balancing electric scooter offers an average range of twelve miles per charge, which works out to about one hour of use. It takes a couple of hours to charge, which isn’t quite the fastest we’ve seen. The scooter is equipped with a 36V lithium-ion battery that features a power indicator, 250 dual hub 350-watt motors that feature gyro sensor technology, a shatter resistant polymer frame, aluminum hubs, rubber wheels and seamless steering thanks to the anti-slip foot platform.
Quick Tip: The electric scooter can handle a maximum weight of 220 pounds and a minimum weight of forty-four pounds. This model is suitable for both child and adult use. The hoverboard weighs in at a manageable twenty-two pounds and comes equipped with two vivid blue LED light bars for safe riding in low light conditions. This model is safe for riders thirteen years of age and up and comes with a ninety-day warranty.
Want to see more top rated models and learn more about hoverboards? Check out our full Buyer’s Guide.
Razor has created Ever Balance technology using the gyro-sensors, which makes the ride stable, and secure and makes learning how to ride this scooter a breeze. To use this learning feature, set the scooter to training mode.
When the electric scooter is used in the learning mode it will limit the max speed and slow down when you turn. One of the most difficult things for new riders to get used to is driving by pressing down their toes instead of using their bodyweight.
Once you get used to riding your new hoverboard, you can shut off the training mode, which will instantly allow you to go at a faster speed. Don’t expect to go faster than eight miles when you’re riding downhill, as riding downhill actually makes handling the scooter more difficult.
The electric scooter is made from high-quality plastic which is both durable and scratch resistant. The 2.0 by Razor reflects plenty of changes over past designs, with every feature enhanced for an improved riding experience. The first time we picked up this scooter we were a little surprised at the weight, but compared to other models in this price range, twenty-two pounds is actually pretty light. To make it a little more portable and user-friendly, Razor has included a recessed loop to attach a carrying strap, or you can purchase a hoverboard backpack.
The LED options
The LED light displays work as turn signals, which help to improve the scooter’s overall safety during a night ride while keeping you highly visible to oncoming traffic or other pedestrians.
- The board is fairly silent running, which is perfect if you enjoy a ride when the rest of the neighborhood is sleeping.
- If you attempt to ride the board over an unstable surface, it will begin to vibrate, warning you to move it to flat, manageable terrain.
- If you want to enjoy riding for longer than the sixty-minute limit, you can purchase an extra battery and quickly switch out the old for the new to extend your play time.
Hovertrax Self-Balancing Scooter Pros and Cons
Now it’s time to check out some of the major advantages and disadvantages this model has:
- Looks very nice with its futuristic design and LED features
- Handles well on many types of terrain
- Can handle uphill and downhill riding
- Can operate up to 1 hour
- Charges fast
- Has a good price to value ratio
- Made from premium materials
- Riding this electric scooter may look effortless, but the amount of balance it takes as you move your feet to control direction can definitely be a little exhausting at the end of longer riding sessions. One of the main complaints consumers had was the scooter’s lack of speed which is eight miles per hour.
- Competing models offer ten miles per hour, which may not seem like much of a difference, but it is. However, the scooter’s max speed limitations make this a great option for children.
- The scooter is not equipped with wheels that are large enough to handle all-terrain riding, nor is it water-resistant, so you’ll want to steer clear of puddles.
Pro Tip: If you’re searching for a scooter that can handle a wider range of terrain types and features water-resistance that allows you to speed through puddles, the EPIKGO self-balancing scooter is a popular model that can meet your need for adventure.