The EPIKGO all-terrain self-balancing scooter is a model that will have you hitting that buy now button before you’ve finished reading the specs.
Quick Tip: EPIKGO is a relatively unknown company that’s recently caught the attention of the scooter world, due to their latest certified all-terrain hoverboard. This is a model that’s packed with powerful features that focus on both safety and performance.
The scooter’s solid construction offers plenty of durability and easier handling. The dual motors are designed to easily navigate a wide range of terrain types, placing this model in a category all its own.
EPIKGO Specs and Standout Features
The hoverboard’s motors allow it to climb steep hills and streets like a champ. The 400w motor on both the wheels is about eighty percent more powerful compared to competing models. Unlike other self-balancing scooters, the tires of this EPIKGO are made from solid rubber, which is another reason why it’s classified as a certified all-terrain model.
What we love about this self-balancing electric scooter are its impressively large 8.5-inch wheels that make tougher terrain much easier to handle. It’s also IP56 waterproof certified, which means a rainy day won’t prevent you from enjoying an outdoor adventure on your new hoverboard.
Not only is this board UL2272 certified safe, but it’s also IP54 certified! This means the hoverboard has undergone military grade testing and has been named semi-submersible and water resistant. As we mentioned, the board’s power is at an incredible 400 watts, which basically means it’s got twice the power of the average hoverboard.
This self-balancing electric scooter is also faster than most as it can work up to top speeds as fast as 10 MPH, and the average board can only reach 8 MPH.
We have to say that we are completely obsessed with the look of this hoverboard. From the colors to the wheels to the pedals, everything just comes together to form this sexy piece of bulky technology that has remarkable durability and high performance as well. With its ability to fully charge in as little as one hour, this model is one of the fastest and most powerful on the market.
While the board features just an eighteen-degree climbing ability, you’ll be able to easily go over low curbs at a faster speed, which simply isn’t possible with smaller models.
The steel wheel covers provide excellent protection from damage, as does the ABS base cover, which is what makes this board much sturdier than competing models.
The LED lighting is perfect for low-light conditions and allows you to ride at night while remaining highly visible to oncoming traffic and pedestrians.
Boasting dual 400w dual-motor, this electric scooter is tough enough to cruise at top speeds up to ten miles per hour for over an hour with a single charge.
On most models, the motors are placed in the wheels, but this EPIKGO scooter features motors that are actually placed inside the board instead. This results in more space on the board and increased stability.
Pro Tip: What truly makes this a slick looking hoverboard is the multiple sets of bright lights. There is one set that is fixed to the front of the board, making it perfect for night rides so you can always see what is in front of you. There is also another set of lights on the back of the board that acts as a turning signal that will alert the pedestrians/cars/bicycles behind you. This self-balancing electric scooter also has an extensive one-year product warranty for all parts and labor.
See more about our top 3 hoverboard picks and learn more about them in general on our Buyer’s Guide.
All-Terrain Hoverboard Pros and Cons
- The board can handle most types of terrain including grass, sand, mud, and gravel. When you compare this scooter to competing models, the EPIKGO scores higher in all areas, from the powerful 400w dual-motor to the UL certified battery.
- It’s larger and more powerful, ensuring more space, a better ride and more control over the board with challenging terrain. While new to the scene, this board has definitely excelled from the beginning.
- With the ability to cruise on any type of terrain at around ten miles per hour, we felt that it had more to offer consumers who were looking for a more versatile model.
- If you don’t want to be limited to just using the sidewalk when riding around, then this is the hoverboard for you. The look of this self-balancing scooter is completely out of this world, especially considering all the other models on the market look painfully similar to one another.
- This board has no problem riding through mud, or rain puddles and even grass (to some extent). If you are looking for a quality hoverboard made with durable parts that are both safe and tough when it needs to be, this is the most durable model on the market and just might be the board you have been looking for.
- The size of the wheels will place the rider’s center of gravity at a higher level, which can negatively impact stability. Weighing in at thirty pounds, this is one board you don’t want to be stranded with in the event it runs out of a charge while you’re out. Because it’s so heavy, it may not be the best choice for younger children.
- One downside to the battery is that there is no power level indicator to alert you to the battery power level. This could pose a huge problem if you assume you have a full battery when in reality you’ve got a battery that’s holding on to its last few moments of juice.
- If you’re searching for a hoverboard that’s more little kid friendly, take a look at the Swagtron T1, which features a learning mode and low top speed.